A good c++ book

TP-Oreilly

In Runtime
Hi, at the moment i have a book which teaches me c++, but it only teaches me programming with the console and i want to learn how to do a basic VISUAL program, can anyone suggest a book for me which does this for a beginner?

No personal experience in this book, but looks decent enough: C++ GUI Programming with Qt4 Prentice Hall Open Source Software Development: Amazon.co.uk: Jasmin Blanchette, Mark Summerfield: Books

What I will say is make sure you have an absolute thorough grounding before progressing to using QT and the like (that's the cross platform graphics library that's the "gold standard" for building graphical stuff in C++. There's a number of concepts you need to grasp before moving from creating a simple hello world app to a GUI application, even a basic one; it might be a lot harder than you think. If you're really interested in doing visual work and haven't got much experience, give C# a go instead - it's very good for being able to create a windows GUI application straight off, and a lot more easily than C++!

Back
Top Bottom