Intel VS. AMD

pc4life

Baseband Member
i was wondering this for a while because i heard speculation that Intel processors ran faster than AMD because of architecture. Heres my problem:
Both processors cost the same and i don't know which to get....

Intel Core2DUO@ 2.6 GHz
OR
AMD athlon ii X2@3.0 GHz

Which would run better in games and multiple applications?

-Thanks

Normally athlon price is lower than intel dual core.

If performance like speed, multiprocessing, then intel dual core is the best one.

Negative. In this case, the Athlon II will spank the Core 2 Duo. The Athlon II is basically a Phenom II without the L3 cache. Athlon II & Phenom II were made to compete against the Core 2 Duos, as such, they offer more performance in most tasks than a Core 2 Duo.

Don't we have a section dedicated for these type of arguments?
Anyway, I think Intel is better if you want to spend more money for a high end processor. AMD is good value for your money and I feel sorry for AMD because no one gives them a chance...AMD make good processors, however up in the high end the Core i7 beats any AMD processor.

The Athlon II will be better, and it comes with a more futureproof platform. The only reason you should buy LGA775 right now is if you're on an extreme budget.

Anyway, I think Intel is better if you want to spend more money for a high end processor. AMD is good value for your money and I feel sorry for AMD because no one gives them a chance...AMD make good processors, however up in the high end the Core i7 beats any AMD processor.

Except the OP didn't ask about i7.

Athlon II will kick that intels but. Plus Am3 will be backwards compatible with am3+ and (maybe) Am4.

Back
Top Bottom