Laptop LCD not working

aCb

In Runtime
I have this laptop thats around 2 years old. Its a P3 1000 mhz KDS laptop. Its been working fine lately untill one day I turned it on and the monitor didnt show up. The laptop turns on but nothing on the screen comes up. If I keep trying and restarting it it sometimes comes up. I also hooked it up to a monitor to see if it would work and it didnt. Does anyone know if I can fix this or what is causing this?

anyway needa know if i can get the LCD to work because im selling this thing on ebay.

yeah but when i turn it on i hear it bootup just nothing comes up on the LCD.

Get it down to your computer shop or manufacturer and get it taken apart. It sounds like something is broken more than a software issue

You're probably going to need a new motherboard since I'm pretty sure the laptop has onboard video. Since there is no image when connecting to an external monitor, I am led to believe that the issue is not with the LCD screen or inverter board.

Doubt he needs a new motherboard. More commonly on these old laptops, the assembly responsible for the LCD fails, and while it's better than the motherboard failing, it's not cheap to replace in a lot of cases. You can still sell the laptop online, but mention the problem with the screen. Obviously won't get as much for it. There's a big market for parts laptops.

If you get video while connecting it to an external monitor, it's not the motherboard - look at getting a replacement inverter, or even an LCD power module.

If you get video while connecting it to an external monitor, it's not the motherboard - look at getting a replacement inverter, or even an LCD power module.

Yeah, if you read his post you'll see that he wasn't getting any image when plugged into an external monitor...

Back
Top Bottom