My RAID is not visible

RombieFitch1

Solid State Member
I just built my new computer with a new ssd where my operating system is on. I also have two 1tb hard drive in raid 0. When i installed everything worked great until i noticed in my computer that my raid drive was not visible. I opened my intel matrix storage utility and there it was visible, plus it was also visible in my device manager. what step did i mess up on? i would appreciate the help since i need to back up info from my old pc to this new one one those drives

Click on Start, right Click on My Computer and then click Manage. Go to Disk Management and see if it's listed there. If it is, assign it a drive letter and that should resolve the issue.

Click on Start, right Click on My Computer and then click Manage. Go to Disk Management and see if it's listed there. If it is, assign it a drive letter and that should resolve the issue.

I did that and it asks me to initalize the disk first, however, there are two options to choose from.. first is to use MBR, second GPT (GUID partition table), which one should i select?

I did the research and chose MBR, everything worked great. thank you for the help. I appreciate it.

That is up to you. GPT will be the new standard but MBR is the current standard. How many partitions do you plan to have on this (if more than 1)?

Just the one partition, which is used for pic, documents, etc.. my games, operating system, whatever, i want for performance goes on my ssd. the reason i went with mbr is because everywhere i read said to use gbt only if it was highter then 2tb. what is the difference performance wise?

Performance wise there is none, but GPT is future ready. You can have more than four partitions (current limit for MBR) and the partition sizes can be larger.

I've been using GPT at home, and it's stable and fast, if it helps you out, RobmieFitch.

Back
Top Bottom