Random Chit Chat

lol, some kid tried bragging about his alienware to me :D and told me that he'd spent $2k on it. I had fun owning him, he said that he'd installed watercooling in it himself but didnt know what pump, rad or blocks he'd used. I believe that I win.

Did you ask him that he made sure to use distilled water not tap water :p
goddamit!!! I knew that I was forgetting something. it was nice telling him that I had a 6 core i7 after he told me that he'd gotten a core 2 quad (he bought it one year ago supposedly)

LOL! I really don't understand why people say to use distilled water. It is quite corrosive. That's why I use antifreeze.
its because distilled water won't conduct nearly as much as tap water if you get a leak. It actually saved me one time when my reservoir started leaking because the fitting had gotten loose over the course of a week or two. The water started dripping on my 580 while I was in the middle of a game of mafia 2. It stopped outputting video but I dried it up with some paper towel and then let it sit for a day and it still works perfectly fine.

I Was actually being sarcastic, if he agreed to actually using straight water in his loop, he would have to be lyeing, i didnt know you could use water!

Without sounding like a noob, like a car, do you use a coolant of some sort?

True, but it's so corrosive that it's sometimes used as a solvent. I wouldn't run it in my loop.

Distilled water + biocide is what plenty of people put in their loops. Don't mix aluminum and copper and you shouldn't see corrosion. I never experienced any in my loop for a year.

Has anyone here used an iz3D monitor? They were $75 on newegg, so I ordered one. I'm expecting it to look awful, in which case I'll just resell it or use it as a 2D monitor.

Back
Top Bottom