Why is my computer so slow all of a sudden?

LOLZpersonok

In Runtime
After about 2 hours of use on my computer, it will become very slow. I am not downloading anything, or running an over-excess amount of programs, or anything like that. No viruses. All drives defragmented. Ran a maintenence program on my computer. Did a disk cleanup. It is still slow. Why is this?

My computer has:

2.50 GB RAM
1 GB VRAM
Windows XP Home
232 GB HDD; with 130 GB free

Can someone who is really good with computers, PLEASE HELP ME!
The computer is about 3 years old.

check your system resources in task manager. it might show you what is running that is slowing you down.
could be a virus or something as well.

what processor do you have??

as advised above check task manager and make sure the memory hasnt run out

I don't have a virus. Can't find the system resources in task manager.

what processor do you have??

as advised above check task manager and make sure the memory hasnt run out

Memory hasn't run out. I have an AMD Athlon Dual Core Processor clocked at 2.11 GHz. It hasn't been slow untill now. I forgot to mention my processor. Got rid of a 4.20 GHz processor after it crashed my system.

Check Running Process -> Check go your desktop screen -> press - Alt + Ctr + Delete button go to "Processes" -> Check unnecessary process and Click on "End Process".

I don't have a virus. Can't find the system resources in task manager.

Memory hasn't run out. I have an AMD Athlon Dual Core Processor clocked at 2.11 GHz. It hasn't been slow untill now. I forgot to mention my processor. Got rid of a 4.20 GHz processor after it crashed my system.

Check the system services and make sure that is there any wanted services are running,,,,,,

Check the system services and make sure that is there any wanted services are running,,,,,,

How do I find system services? It isn't in task manager...oh whatever. I guess it was just a slow curse for a bit...it is gone now. Thanks to all who helped.

Heh. This happened to me for a short while. Turned out when I was closing Firefox, the process would hang and start sucking down system resources. Would take up ~1.2gb of ram and 75% of each processor core. Was absurd. Moved to the FF 4 beta, and haven't had a problem since :)

Back
Top Bottom