Need new TV and HDMI Cables

jmacavali

Fully Optimized
Looking for a new TV. Something in the 40" range, probably LED, under $1000. Recommendations?

While I'm at it, where's the cheapest place to get HDMI cables?

for the TV I would sugest a Samsung TV, Ive owned 2 of them and the new LED ones look really good !!

for the TV I would sugest a Samsung TV, Ive owned 2 of them and the new LED ones look really good !!

How convenient because I'm looking at a 40" 1080p LED Samsung from Walmart.

I'll probably pick up a cheap bluray player too.

I really love Panasonics LCD/LED TVs. They are superb. We previously had 2 Samsungs at home and to be honest I'm not sure if they are cracked up to what they are supposed to be. I've now got a 32" and 42" LCD Panasonic Viera. Both were incredibly reasonably priced from Amazon, and were the result of a lot of research. You should check out their LEDs and see what you think.

No such thing as a LED television. It's a marketing term.

There is such thing as an LED monitor where each pixel is made up of individual LED's but these TV's are far to big for the living room.

They great for big electronic advert boards, stadiums etc.

The LED TV's for the living room are LCD TV's back-lit with LED's. This gives better contrast ratios than standard LCD TV's.

But you can't beat a nice HD Plasma panel.

This gives better contrast ratios than standard LCD TV's.

Not always. It's important to know the difference between backlit and edgelit LED televisions - the latter often sacrificing picture quality for a thinner profile.

I really love Panasonics LCD/LED TVs. They are superb. We previously had 2 Samsungs at home and to be honest I'm not sure if they are cracked up to what they are supposed to be. I've now got a 32" and 42" LCD Panasonic Viera. Both were incredibly reasonably priced from Amazon, and were the result of a lot of research. You should check out their LEDs and see what you think.
I will look into them. Thanks!

No such thing as a LED television. It's a marketing term.

There is such thing as an LED monitor where each pixel is made up of individual LED's but these TV's are far to big for the living room.

They great for big electronic advert boards, stadiums etc.

The LED TV's for the living room are LCD TV's back-lit with LED's. This gives better contrast ratios than standard LCD TV's.

Not always. It's important to know the difference between backlit and edgelit LED televisions - the latter often sacrificing picture quality for a thinner profile.

Ok....but any recommendations or suggestions?

Back
Top Bottom