Best retail internet security package?

Danny93

In Runtime
Just curious on what you all thing the best internet security package is that you pay for, not free crap like AVG or MSE.

I like Norton and used to use it, but I now use Kaspersky as it seems so much better and pretty much unbeatable, very good piece of software. The support on the Kaspersky forums is incredible too.

When I would pay for AntiVirus I typically went BitDefender. I personally never had any problems but have read some horror stories, I think one of them was even on these forums... could be wrong though.

I've seen some very good reviews of BitDefender actually. I might actually try a trial sometime.

I suggest Norton, it's the best

I would not go that far, especially with Norton. Many consider Norton to be nothing more than bloatware as it's a resource hog. Maybe they've come a long way since I last used them (years ago) but have only heard negative feedback about Norton.

I suggest Norton, it's the best
Norton is NOT the best, not by a long shot, it's just probably the most well known. I remember when I first got my HP laptop it had Windows Vista on it and it came with a trial of Norton 360 and it seemed to work fine and everything. The problem for me came when I checked to see what it cost to renew the subscription......$150!! and the software was already on my pc, that was just for a subscription renewal! I said screw that, uninstalled it and installed Avast! and I've been using that ever since.

I did notice that my pc ran a lot faster after I uninstalled it too. It's a resource hog and doesn't update nearly enough for me. Avast! updates at least once every two days while Norton updated maybe once a week. In a week there could be hundreds of new viruses that Norton wouldn't even know about. Look elsewhere.

I used the trial programs of about 6 of the top internet security suites, and after I tried then I chose Zone Alarm Internet security suite.
after 2 yrs they upgraded me - so that was cool.
40 bucks for 3 pc for a year - covers kids pc , parents pc as well as mine.

sure beats messing around with various free AV & firewall pgms.

I've been using Avast, it runs nice and quietly. its prevented a Trojan and a couple of malwares from gaining access to my computer.
It has this Silent/Gaming mode that doesn't disturb you if your in a full screen application. Oh, and the free part is pretty cool.

Try Kaspersky Internet Security. It also includes a personal firewall, parental control and spam and phishing protection

Back
Top Bottom