Random Chit Chat

Not compared to the price/performance of AMD.

I know you're and intel fanboy. I will not bow down to your ways! ;)

Sometimes Intel is a better deal on price/performance. You just gotta look around and you might get lucky.
For example, before I was getting my E7200, it was either a E7200 for $100 or a Athlon 64 X2 6000+ for $110. Looking at benchmarks, the E7200 wins in most.

EDIT - My local Micro Center seems to be selling an i5 760 for $170, which is $10 more than the Phenom II X4 965. The benches between them are close.

Sometimes Intel is a better deal on price/performance. You just gotta look around and you might get lucky.
For example, before I was getting my E7200, it was either a E7200 for $100 or a Athlon 64 X2 6000+ for $110. Looking at benchmarks, the E7200 wins in most.

EDIT - My local Micro Center seems to be selling an i5 760 for $170, which is $10 more than the Phenom II X4 965. The benches between them are close.

Oh, when you're down to that level, you are correct. When I got both my old E6420 and my E8400, Intel was on top of the price/performance market--or at least even. But now, things have swung in AMDs favor. In the particular latter part of your post, I would still go with the AMD. I find that you can get a better board, cheaper compared to an Intel System. And to be honest, I will need more than 6GB of RAM for my next build, but I don't need 12GB (thinking 8GB ATM)...another reason why the Intel tri-channel stuff ticks me off. But, meh. I wish i7's were cheaper or I would consider them again. They'll get there.

Truth be told, in my next rig (years down the road i hope) ill probably go all out and just spend like 3k on parts on what ever is the fastest at the time.

Back
Top Bottom