Random Chit Chat

What card is that Foothead?

1GB (512MB per core) 9800 GX2 and my 768 MB 8800 GS (AKA 9600 GSO 192 bit version). The shrouds were removed in order to lower temps.

You got that name from Ron White didn't you?

Yep. I like to put random names whenever I give out my address so I know where the junk mail is coming from. I think they check it for fake names though, because all my junk mail still has my name on it. I kinda wish I'd start getting credit card offers for Raptor Jesus. That'd be pretty funny.

Sniper, are you gonna overclock that card? It definitely has the right cooler for it.

ya stock so far, but i think thats the limit on the Core, ill try further on the Memory later, now, im playing crysis. LOL

kinda of fun now that i am using a controller....

isnt there a OC tool for ATi called Guru or something?

right now all im using is the CCC

Thanks, ill give that a go,

any idea of the max safe voltage for 5870? Iv seen people say 1.2V so far.
and it seems in MSI Afterburner, i cant mess with the voltages?

Also, how long of a stability test, would you consider a setting to be stable?

It really depends on your cooling and where you feel safe. I'd personally stop when the core hits 95C, but you also need to watch the vregs, since they sometimes get neglected with non-reference cooler.

BTW, I've had my 5750 past 1.45V, no damage. I wouldn't run it at that 24/7 though. It was just an OC experiment.

Dang, sniper is already OC'ing his card? I've had mines for awhile and only OC'ed to the "safe clocks" from CCC, and I got my 5870 for free too. However, I never had to OC it except for benches as I never need it. I think mines is one of the first launch too.

Back
Top Bottom