how do i install

donmuz731

Solid State Member
I have got a pentium 4 pc that needs a OS (custom built) but it cant boot from cd rom, floppy or usb no matter what you do in bios(it will not respond you get a message "no operating system" or"no boot mgr"). I have tried with several hard disk drives but still it will not work. SO is it possible to use my vista laptop, crossover cable and a XP or Ubuntu cd to install the OS on the pentium 4 pc

i think the only thing you can do is to take the desktop hard-drive and put it in to another desktop and install the OS, then connect the hard-drive back to the original PC and hope it boots. I dont think theres any way your laptop will help here??

Also if you can boot in to windows on the PC you might consider a BIOS upgrade which might fix your BIOS

Just curious but is this harddrive a SATA drive or an IDE drive? If its a sata drive you may need to load the drivers in order to see it.

Just curious is this drive SATA or IDE? You may need to load drivers in order to get it to work correctly.

Does the CD rom even spin up? Its almost like the motherboard is not recognizing it cd in the cd rom? Is it recognized in the bios? If so it may be another issue lets see if we cant troubleshoot this for you and get it working.

System not boot with CD,USB and floppy means the issue with your customized hardware. Contact the vendor and try to replace the motherboard.

Have your tried network boot method?

Back
Top Bottom