Please Help!

dy1anvd

Solid State Member
Hello
PLEASE HELP

I have a Transcend Sata external harddrive its 450GB, and its just gone on a year.
I use it to watch movies and store them.

Now, recently when im watching a movie it will get stuck for a few seconds (Usually 5-10) and the hardrive makes a high pitched sound. I think that it may be getting longer. Ive scanned for viruses and there were none.

What does this mean?

Ok. Whether it's a really cheap RAID controller, i've had one and it did the same thing to my drives connected to it, or in your case an external hard drive, the same thing will happen when the controller fails; the controller turns your drive(s) on/off creating the high pitched sound as they do.

You should be able to get into the external drive to reveal a standard internal drive, PATA or SATA.

Remove it and install it inside your computer and connect it to your motherboard.

i think the hard-drive is going to fail soon. In my experience when a hard-drive makes a louder noise its because its developed a hardware fault, backup your data if u can

Ok thanks so much, but im in yemen at the momen :( and i cant really get anything that is half decent. Can i use it for another 3 months till i leave?

i think the hard-drive is going to fail soon. In my experience when a hard-drive makes a louder noise its because its developed a hardware fault, backup your data if u can

Ok thanks so much, but im in yemen at the moment :( and i cant really get anything that is half decent. Can i use it for another 3 months till i leave?​

OP: If you decide to get a new drive send me the external, I could do with another hard drive.

Ok thanks so much, but im in yemen at the moment :( and i cant really get anything that is half decent. Can i use it for another 3 months till i leave?​

You can use the hard drive inside the external for the next 5 years at least.

Back
Top Bottom