What U Doing Tonight?

I used to go into town, spend loads of cash, get hammered and wait for 3+ hours in the cold for a taxi, or walk home, only to wake up the next day and say "why?".

I'm staying in with my family, having some very large drinks, and watching the new year celebrations on the box!

Happy New Year everyone!

hi there well im spending mine like any other day sitting in front of the computer chatting and watching movies makes no difference to me what day of the year it is

Hello

Sorry for doin this but its urgent and i cant get any replies

I have a Transcend Sata external harddrive its 450GB, and its just gone on a year.
I use it to watch movies and store them.

Now, recently when im watching a movie it will get stuck for a few seconds (Usually 5-10) and the hardrive makes a high pitched sound. I think that it may be getting longer. Ive scanned for viruses and there were none.

What does this mean?

to be honest the high pitched sound could mean that the hard drive if fucked because something is laying on the hard drive to cause the noise if that makes any sense

yea i think so. Nothings on top of it or anything. So no need 2 get a new one? Or try back all my data up?

Hello

Sorry for doin this but its urgent and i cant get any replies

I have a Transcend Sata external harddrive its 450GB, and its just gone on a year.
I use it to watch movies and store them.

Now, recently when im watching a movie it will get stuck for a few seconds (Usually 5-10) and the hardrive makes a high pitched sound. I think that it may be getting longer. Ive scanned for viruses and there were none.

What does this mean?

I'd bet it's the controller; not the hard drive itself. I'm seeing many of the controllers fail and quickly turn the hard drive on/off, which creates the problem your having.

Pull apart the external drive to reveal the hard drive inside it and then hook it up directly to your motherboard.

Back
Top Bottom