Random Chit Chat

I dont see why UPS cant work on the day of new years eve.

i Fn hope so or ill be beyond pissed.

yah same UPS delayed my package of shirts till the 3rd even though i payed for 2-3 day shipping thank god the website i get my stuff gave me a $25 gift card for free

more folding ehhh lol

LOL, yep. I bought the card specifically for folding. I may game on it a bit, but with a P4 and 512MB of RAM, I doubt it'll do very well.

I dont see why UPS cant work on the day of new years eve.

i Fn hope so or ill be beyond pissed.

The following is the 2011 holiday schedule for UPS in the United States.

New Year's Eve - December 31, 2010* (Only delivery and pickup of air and international packages is available December 31)
New Year's Day - January 1, 2011*
Memorial Day - May 30, 2011*
Independence Day - July 4th, 2011*
Labor Day - September 5, 2011*
Thanksgiving Day - November 24, 2011*
Day after Thanksgiving - November 25, 2011* (Only delivery and pickup of air and international packages is available November 26th)
Christmas Day - December 26, 2011 (observed)*
New Year's Day - January 2, 2012 (observed)* <- WTF?!

They definitely won't be delivering, but the packages will most likely still be in transit.

BTW, why are Christmas and New years delayed? Did they ship UPS as well?

i should have some good folding rigs up soon
ive been looking for some gpus right now nothing good on cragslist yet

Considering i got it on US Air next day delivery, it SHOULD be here, i googled it many times today and several people said that only International, System Critical, and 1 day US air will ship on New Years Eve. So, HOPEFULLY they do....

i should have some good folding rigs up soon
ive been looking for some gpus right now nothing good on cragslist yet

Excellent. If you're a member at overclock.net, check there too. There are tons of video cards for sale in the marketplace section. That's actually where I get most of my cards. Well, there and eBay.

Considering i got it on US Air next day delivery, it SHOULD be here, i googled it many times today and several people said that only International, System Critical, and 1 day US air will ship on New Years Eve. So, HOPEFULLY they do....

I googled it and it looks like they won't deliver anything until the 2nd. I'd contact them, they should at least refund you some of your money. Or you could contact newegg. I hear their customer service is excellent, so you may be able to get some credit.

EDIT: Maybe not. Their website says no deliveries except system critical, but they apparently did deliver 1 day packages on the 31st last year.

idk, though a lot of people that said they do deliver, where UPS drivers so will see.

Plus theirs alot of companies open during New Years Eve that need stuff so im sure they not completely closed down.

Newegg tracking said the estimated delivery date for my laptop is 12/05/10. So I will be getting it next Wednesday.

Anyone besides me think it'd be good to have a laptop sub-forum in hardware? I guess a lot of the laptop questions/comparisons have nothing to do with what generally gets asked in hardware, and the hardware isn't really the same either. So that's why I'm wondering. Not gunna make a suggestion thread before I find out some input from "the boys" in RCC...

id support it, because its annoying when people post questions, and we always have to be like, Desktop, or Laptop, and it would just speed up the helping.

Desktop : Hardware
Laptop : Hardware

Tracking number 1ZX799381341297685
Ship date 12/30/2010 00:03:36
Estimated delivery 12/31/2010

hmm... UPS fail.

Back
Top Bottom