Emergency comp help plz!!

zackcon2

In Runtime
ok i just got the final part to my computer listed in signiture. all the lights com on but my disk drive will only work if the ribon cable is not attached. any ideas???

What disk drive are you talking about, your hard drive? Or a cdrom drive?

You mean it will not power up when the cable is attached?

the disk drive. it will work find and dandy when the cable is out then u plug it in it just dies. i got it to work once with the cable in but now it wont do any thing with it in agin.

What do you mean by "It works fine with the cable out"? Your ODD needs its IDE/SATA cable and also Molex/SATA to work properly. If one of them cables is out then it won't work properly. You mentioned ribbon cable so I am assuming you mean IDE. There is a certain way you need to connect IDE cables.

The blue plug on the cable goes into the motherboard, then the FIRST grey plug you come across goes into the disk drive. No the one at the opposite end of the IDE cable than the blue one. It's about half way up. After you know the cables are all set up properly, have you checked the jumper on the drive is correctly set up?

i mean it will open and light up. and yes the jumper is set up correct to master.

ok nevermind dumb me hadn't pluged in one of the power cables to the board.

Back
Top Bottom