HP Pavilion dv2915nr won't turn on after screen removal

Mandingo1

Beta member
Hey guys
So, I have an HP Pavilion dv2915nr and after about two months, the screen casing finally broke off completely from the hinges. Not wanting to buy replacement parts - it's a three year old computer I got at a clearance sale - I decided I'm just going to remove the screen and attach it to a spare monitor I have.
So I did. Everything went smoothly - took off the adapter and battery, unscrewed the screen, took out the webcam and microphones.
Then I just left it there for five hours since I had to do something and when I came back, and attached the monitor, it wouldn't turn on anymore. The light in the power jack was on so I guess it's not the adapter but the other light indicating that power was going through the motherboard and such wasn't on.

I guess it's something to do with the power supply? Thanks in advance for your replies and Happy holidays.

not sure. I'm not an expert on laptops, but don't you have to turn on the monitor via a short cut/key stroke or something?

not sure. I'm not an expert on laptops, but don't you have to turn on the monitor via a short cut/key stroke or something?

Yes, but idk about previous O/S's. On W7 it's the Windows Key + P. That brings up the menu. Then you can try going right or left on the arrows one push each time to see if you can get the right one selected.

Woops, I meant the computer itself wouldn't turn on. The monitor is fine.

Nevermind, got it. Turns out I forgot to disconnect one of the circuit boards

Back
Top Bottom