Hard drive upgrade

andy1027

In Runtime
I currently have a 1TB Hard drive that apparently has a slow transfer rate speed
My PC spec is

AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4GHz
Gigabyte GA-MA790XT-UD4P
XFX Ati Radeon HD 4890 with 1GB GDDR5 Memory
OCZ ModXtreme 600w PSU

I'm wanting to get a better hard drive i.e. a seagate to store everything in like programs and files (to replace my current Samsung drive with EVERYTHING on it)

However I would like to store my Operating System (Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit) onto a SSD (Solid State Hard drive)

What are your reccommendations, solutions and suggestions?

What is an F3?

What is an F3??
My current Hard drive that is running EVERYTHING is the Samsung HD103sj which is terrible

So would I be able to use a SSD for my OS and an excellent Seagate HArddrive for all my programs etc.? If so HOW....would I do that?

would I be able to use a SSD for my OS and an excellent Seagate HArddrive for all my programs etc.? If so HOW....would I do that?
yes this is what i do. The best way is to re-install windows, install windows on to the SSD, then your programs and files place on your 1tb drive

I've been using Seagate for the passed little while, and find them to be very good. SATA 3GB/s 7200 rpm, 32MB cache.
and if you can find a deal like I did on a 1TB for $45. well worth it.
I don't think the price of a SSD is worth it just yet. when the bigger drives start coming out up in the 500GB, I'll grab a 60GB or 80GB SSD for half the price there going for now.

yes this is what i do. The best way is to re-install windows, install windows on to the SSD, then your programs and files place on your 1tb drive

Thanks for your reply JCB but could you explain that in a bit more detail

Thanks for your contribution however im in the UK and only need to know model numbers for products

Secondly I dont want to go for Samsung after the issuses i'm having with my HD103SJ

Back
Top Bottom