Internet loses connection to network when playing games online.

pr1zzle

Solid State Member
Current rig

Asus M4A89GTD Pro
AMD Phenom II X6 Six-Core @ 3.0ghz
Corsair H50 Liquid cooling HeatSink
8GB DDR3 G.Skill RipJaw 1333mhz
Silverstone 850 Watt PSU
1TB HDD
Crossfired Sapphire 6870 Core Clocked @ 957mhz

Just after christmas I added another 6870 and 4 more gb of ram to my rig and right after then I started to have internet problems. I just tried today playing World of Warcraft and Call of Duty Black Ops. However, when I launch either or games, my internet will lose connection to the network and will stop working. I can have the game running and minimized, but if i pull up either game the internet will go out. I can re-minimized the game, and the internet will start working 5 seconds later. It seems as if my internet will only go out when I have the game full windowed.

I am connect via Netgear 85 mbps Wall-plugged ethernet adapter, to a bridge, to my router. I've turned off my firewalls, update windows 7 64-bit. I do not know what to do, everyone else in my house has connection to the internet with a secure fast speed.

what is going on?

thanks.

First thing I would do is reset the Router, (although I don't think this is a router issue, it's good measure). Then, uninstall the drivers for your Video cards and network adapter. Run CCleaner and specifically, the registry cleaner in CCleaner. Shut down the computer and unplug it from the wall. After about two minutes, plug it back in, boot up and reinstall your Video drivers and then your network adapter drivers in that order. Hopefully, that will yield some results.

I am using my ethernet port via my mother board so im not sure how i would uninstall the drivers for it.

Go here first and get the lan drivers for your motherboard.

To uninstall, go to start, right click on My Computer and go to properties.

In the left panel go to Device Manager.

Scroll down to network adapter and select the appropriate adapter.

Right click and select Uninstall.

I unstalled my lan drivers and video drivers, reinstalled, reset router, and nothing happened.

Have you tried swapping out the network cable? I know it's probably a long shot, but it's a quick and easy test.

Maybe an issue with your ethernet adapter? I used to have one that started going haywire.

I unstalled my lan drivers and video drivers, reinstalled, reset router, and nothing happened.

Going to assume you've reinstalled them?

It sounds like it's an issue between the new vid card and the network adapter or the amount of RAM.
Try going back to the old vid card and the old amount of RAM and seeing if that works. Then try adding the video card. Then slowly add the RAM (one at a time). See if that gives any results.

Back
Top Bottom