Bare Bones

InsideOutlaw

Beta member
Hey everyone,

I have two laptops, they're both about ten years old. I have limited amount of money to upgrade, so I want to upgrade one for regular use and the other to either be an internet browser, or word processor only. I'm not sure how to maximize my processing potential. If I want to make one a game machine only can I wipe XP? Could I cut everything out of the HDD and just use that for gaming? OR, should I scrap them both and invest in a desktop that I can infinitely upgrade?

:confused:

Most of the time, any serious upgrades on a laptop are a waste of time.

If you want to game too, the most cost effective way would be to build a desktop with a decent graphics card.

laptops are hard to upgrade, you are probally better off selling them both and getting a cheap desktop. What are the makes and model no of the laptops?

I have a Toshiba Satellite A45-S1201 with Windows XP pro, with 256MB. I guess base eveything else, it has a DVD player in it.

And a Dell Lattitude C510 with 512MB and a 30GB HDD, but it's not portable at this time because the battery is shot.

I've been shopping around and pricing components for desktop build. Is it really less expensive than buying a gaming PC? Is it more difficult than people make it sound on the forums/websites? I don't want to invest the little money I have in something that's going to end up getting all messed up because I'm a newbie, but I do want the experience.

Back
Top Bottom