Random Chit Chat

The reason why AM2 CPU won't work on an AM3 mobo is because AM2 lack the support of DDR3 in the memory controller right?

How much does a legit Sony Vaio battery go for?

That's right. What model battery do you need? It'll probably be $60-120.

UGH! i just got my epic, fat, 105hr paycheck, and now i want to buy more stuff....FUUUUUUUU....

And i guess its just my E-Penis getting the best of me, making me think my CPU is complete crap and wanting something fasters XD

LOL, your CPU is plenty fast. If you really want to buy more things, go for the monitors. They will actually make a noticeable difference.

AM2 physicaly wolnt work in an AM3 mobo due to the AM3 having less pins.

Actually, the physical package is identical. The difference is memory controller support as Teny said. <EDIT: NVM>

I need a PSU ~400 watts or higher to put in my HTPC so I can use the gamexstream 700 in my folding pc. Any recommendations? It needs to be cheap.

Newegg.com - Antec Basiq BP350 350W ATX12V v2.01 Power Supply
Newegg.com - Diablotek PHD Series PHD380M 380W Micro ATX Power Supply
Newegg.com - Rosewill Stallion Series RD400-2-SB 400W ATX V2.2 Power Supply

Those are the cheapest options, I would ever consider without putting my parts at risk.

Oh wow. So you want 400W to run what you listed? That seems like you are cutting is slim with that GPU...

Newegg.com - Antec Basiq BP350 350W ATX12V v2.01 Power Supply
Newegg.com - Diablotek PHD Series PHD380M 380W Micro ATX Power Supply
Newegg.com - Rosewill Stallion Series RD400-2-SB 400W ATX V2.2 Power Supply

Those are the cheapest options, I would ever consider without putting my parts at risk.

Oh wow. So you want 400W to run what you listed? That seems like you are cutting is slim with that GPU...

The rosewill may work, but the antec cannot supply enough amperage and I don't trust diablotek. 400 watts should be plenty though, what I'm more worried about is reliability and loudness.

Has anyone here ever bought a refurbished PSU? I can get a stealthXstream 500 for $32. They probably just had blown caps which have been replaced, so they should be as reliable as a new one, right?

Back
Top Bottom