Random Chit Chat

maybe i just like rooting for underdogs..

but i cant wait till OpenCL is in full support for ATi Cards, i mean, its like folding with an all new card after that.

I can't wait either. My 5770 and 5750 are just sitting there most of the time. It'd be great to be able to put them to work.

And im so flippin excited to get my new PSU and GPU in my tower an do some benchmarks, i guess after the new update of these 2 new parts is said and done, the bottleneck in my rig will be my OCZ DDR2 1066 GOLD RAM ....XD

But the only way to fix that is get a brand new board that supports AM2+/AM3 (Which my board does now) and DDR3 (that my board dosnt :( )

What CPU do you have? IIRc, a 940, right? AM3 boards are not backwards compatible to AM2+ CPUs, so you would need a new CPU as well. You could probably get away with overclocking your current RAM some.

the new slogan isnt "But can it play Crysis?!" anymore

Its now "But can it fold?!"

Actually, this is quite the opposite. With Crysis, the hardware hadn't caught up to the software, but with folding@home, the software hasn't caught up to the hardware.

ya quad 940 idling at 3.5Ghz,

and iv OC the ram at one point close to 1100Mhz, maybe with this new PSU it may help a bit perhaps, hopeful.

my AM2+ board works with AM3 procs,

but at some point down the road when my quad cant keep up or dies (god forbid : / ) ill just have to get a new mobo, proc, and ram. the rest that ill have at that point will most certainly be able to carry on.

EDIT:
YouTube - Dead Rising 2
video of me and my buddy DJ playing Dead Rising 2.
you watching me play, but you cant hear me talking, only him talking.

How do i fix it so i can hear me talk when i record to? BTW i used FRAPS,

ALSO! Adult Language in that video, so beware XD

I bought the Sony Vaio. Hopefully I remember to deplete my battery once in awhile to extend it's life. Looks like sniper and I are getting presents! Except mine will arrive later since I stayed with the standard 3 days shipping.

I noticed there is no way to get a refund on a computer bought from newegg. Kind of sucks that I won't be able to get my money back even if I don't open it.

ya quad 940 idling at 3.5Ghz,

and iv OC the ram at one point close to 1100Mhz, maybe with this new PSU it may help a bit perhaps, hopeful.

The PSU will most likely make no difference. What voltages and timings did you have the RAM at?

my AM2+ board works with AM3 procs,

Yep, but AM3 boards don't work with AM2+ procs.

but at some point down the road when my quad cant keep up or dies (god forbid : / ) ill just have to get a new mobo, proc, and ram. the rest that ill have at that point will most certainly be able to carry on.

I doubt that will happen any time soon unless you're doing something really specialized. A phenom II x4 is still extremely fast. BTW, AMD CPUs carry a 3 year warranty. As long as you didn't voltmod it to death or something, you should get a replacement should it die.

I bought the Sony Vaio. Hopefully I remember to deplete my battery once in awhile to extend it's life. Looks like sniper and I are getting presents! Except mine will arrive later since I stayed with the standard 3 days shipping.

I noticed there is no way to get a refund on a computer bought from newegg. Kind of sucks that I won't be able to get my money back even if I don't open it.

LOL, I'm getting ninja'd by every post in this thread.

You can help extend it's battery life by setting it to charge the battery to 50%. While it isn't a proper replacement for cycling, it does do a lot better than leaving it at 100% all the time. Also, you can get a refund from newegg, but it may incur a 15% restocking fee if it's been opened.

Oh, and I'm getting presents too. I bought a 9800 GX2, a motherboard, a Pentium 4, and some RAM for my folding rig. :D

The reason why AM2 CPU won't work on an AM3 mobo is because AM2 lack the support of DDR3 in the memory controller right?

How much does a legit Sony Vaio battery go for?

UGH! i just got my epic, fat, 105hr paycheck, and now i want to buy more stuff....FUUUUUUUU....

And i guess its just my E-Penis getting the best of me, making me think my CPU is complete crap and wanting something fasters XD

The reason why AM2 CPU won't work on an AM3 mobo is because AM2 lack the support of DDR3 in the memory controller right?

Probably around $100-150 for a standard. $200 or so for the larger capacity. Just a guestimate.

AM2 physicaly wolnt work in an AM3 mobo due to the AM3 having less pins.

Back
Top Bottom