Random Chit Chat

It'll be a bit before eBay, I think. I'm going to try local first. The tote they were all in is an 18 gallon. It was full. Probably 60lbs. That's a lot of shipping in the U.S., let alone over to you my Aussie friend. Haha. But I will let you know. It'll be a few months though, as if I can't get them to go on Craigslist (plan on posting the price firm there), I'm going to try our Spring garage sale. If no-go there, probably a re-up on Craigslist, then eBay. If no takers on eBay, family or something...or throw em in a hole again like they were in to begin with.

LOL, they are. They're just so darn hot. I would never feel safe running any overclock on it.

Hmmm... I think I'm gonna buy a 9800 GX2 for folding. I'm just waiting for the seller to respond so I can pay.

how much PPD do you get?

how much PPD do you get?

Right now? IDK, not a lot. All I'm folding on are ATI GPUs and CPUs.

The 9800 GX2 should get something like 8000-10,000 according to google. My 8800 GS will also be able to get ~3000-4000, it's just so loud that I cannot put it in my main rig.

I still have yet to hear back from the seller. It's been like 10 hours now, hope he didn't change his mind.

I went to the stores today to check out the laptops. The only thing I liked about the Toshiba was the specs. Whereas for the Sony, I liked the features, the LED screen looks better, it has an HDMI, etc. However, the keyboard and the mouse pad thingy felt weird. So I think I will be going with the Sony Vaio.

EDIT - Maybe I should start folding again. I stopped after a few days of folding. Here's my stats. I got a total of 17614 points by myself.

im going to start folding again, losing my gram to cancer gives me an even bigger reason to fold, especially when i get the new card in the next day or so, oh man i hope its not DOA :(

Foothead, where do you get these stats of how many points a card can do a day or what not?

I went to the stores today to check out the laptops. The only thing I liked about the Toshiba was the specs. Whereas for the Sony, I liked the features, the LED screen looks better, it has an HDMI, etc. However, the keyboard and the mouse pad thingy felt weird. So I think I will be going with the Sony Vaio.

If the trackpad is bad, I'd use it for at least 30 minutes before making a decision. A really bad trackpad can make a laptop nearly unusable for some things.

EDIT - Maybe I should start folding again. I stopped after a few days of folding. Here's my stats. I got a total of 17614 points by myself.

Go for it. You should join our team though. You can fold multiple PCs with the same username btw. You don't need to create your own team.

9800 GX2 has been ordered! The seller turned out to live in the same city as me, so I may be picking it up tomorrow.

im going to start folding again, losing my gram to cancer gives me an even bigger reason to fold, especially when i get the new card in the next day or so, oh man i hope its not DOA :(

Foothead, where do you get these stats of how many points a card can do a day or what not?

Google. 5870 should get something around 5000 ppd, but that's just an estimate. ATI cards don't fold well.

I don't think the Vaio trackpad is bad. I think it's just weird because it has a different texture compared to other regular trackpads. Plus, I use a wireless mouse more than the trackpad. The only time I do use it is if I forgot my mouse.

yes, i remember ATI falling behind Nvidia, but where they not suppose to put something in the F@H version to make the tessellation or something increase points?

yes, i remember ATI falling behind Nvidia, but where they not suppose to put something in the F@H version to make the tessellation or something increase points?

It still has yet to be released, even for beta testing. We probably won't get it until the 7xxx cards have been released.

The problem is that it needs to be completely rewritten for OpenCL, but as of now, OpenCL versions of the programs it's based off are still in early beta. So right now, CUDA is ftw as far as folding.

maybe i just like rooting for underdogs..

but i cant wait till OpenCL is in full support for ATi Cards, i mean, its like folding with an all new card after that.

And im so flippin excited to get my new PSU and GPU in my tower an do some benchmarks, i guess after the new update of these 2 new parts is said and done, the bottleneck in my rig will be my OCZ DDR2 1066 GOLD RAM ....XD

But the only way to fix that is get a brand new board that supports AM2+/AM3 (Which my board does now) and DDR3 (that my board dosnt :( )

Back
Top Bottom