In Runtime
my current configuration:
GA-P35-S3G
Q8300+hyper 212+
Leadtek GTX460 1GB OC
4GB (2x2GB) Kingston DDRII 800mHz
WD 640GB Blue
Win7 x86

i know my CPU is bottleneck, so which LGA775 CPU you think would make a difference?

In gaming the Q8300 should not be bottlenecking that GPU. That CPU is absolutely fine I'd say? But yes, try OC'ing, you may get it to 3.00GHz like the person above said, but I have heard some horror stories regarding Intel's stock cooling and believe it is terrible.

fortunately, i'm using an aftermarket cpu cooler (CM hyper 212+), but it seems i can't oc my cpu at all, maybe my psu (sha450-8p) is holding me back?

Well, what is happening when you overclock? Or try to overclock... Have you configured your spread spectrum and whatever is necessary? Is your computer build by a manufacturer also? (such as Acer or Dell), because that makes overclocking almost impossible.

fortunately, i'm using an aftermarket cpu cooler (CM hyper 212+), but it seems i can't oc my cpu at all, maybe my psu (sha450-8p) is holding me back?

You know looking at your PSU that might actually be the problem in the first place. The 460 you have may not be getting enough power from a 450 watt power supply with that processor. I'm not sure.

i built my computer myself, it's not built by manufacturer.

there is no spread spectrum option in my bios, i just disable speedstep/eist, set pci frequency to 100, and set my fsb/multiplier/ram multiplier/voltages.
with my previous cpu i did all this, and it oc'ed normally.
my bios version vas F2, a few days ago i updated it to latest (F5), but that didn't help either.

when i raise my fsb, even for 5mHz and save bios settings, it restarts, tries to turn on for a second, then turns off again (that's when it resets bios to default, i suppose), and turns on with all settings to default.

Back
Top Bottom