DeLl DiMeNsIoN 3000

Go to Google and type in "<Manufacturer> <Model> specs" and this will present you with a few sites that list out the specs of the machine. The first one that comes up is the dell website (for your machine), which I didn't check the first time, I apologize, and just saw that indeed the SSD that I suggested is not compatible with your machine. However though, on that page it does list the different connectors on the system. For example, on that dell site, if you look under connectors, you'll see the following:

System board connectors:
Primary IDE drive
40-pin connector on PCI local bus
Secondary IDE drive
40-pin connector on PCI local bus

This tells you that your Hard drive and CD/DVD drives connect using IDE whereas most SSD's connect using SATA. Some use PCI Express and a few other connections, but none of which your computer has.

To Sum up the thread, you're going to see the most gains in performance by using the programs that were previously mentioned in the thread. TuneUp Utilities, CCleaner, uninstalling bloatware and disabling startup items.

Ok so basically there's no need to buy a ssd because it wouldn't be faster and none of them are compatible.

The SSD Would be faster, but unfortunately, not compatible with your machine.

I think you can get converters which convert SATA to IDE and than have a molex to SATA power but it wouldn't be worth it as you would still be using the old IDE cable on an IDE board which has a much much slower read/write rate than SATA-II

Back
Top Bottom