Dell Inspiron 2200 battery

neiner10

Beta member
My computer doesn't recognize a new battery I just installed. I get the message, only Dell batteries can be used. Anybody have a fix for this? Thanks

that's bogus...I'm sure there is a "fix" for this..I know I'd be looking for one.
unless it new and under warranty, then I 'd find a Dell battery.

Do you have quickset installed from dell? Does it recognize it there? Any other issues you may see? Where did you get the battery? I have used non dell batteries on 2 dell laptops one of this model without any problems at all. It almost sounds like you may have a bad battery out of the box.

Got the battery from an on line site. Replaces model op-570-76620-01 Quickset says it can't determine the model# and to buy a Dell battery. It came fully charged and I used it for a few hours just on battery power, so it was good out of the box as far as capacity goes. Anyway, they say they'll refund my money, so all I'm out is the return shipping. Bummer though. I think I'll just buy a Gateway instead of giving Dell big bucks for a battery. I don't understand why their pricing themselves out of the market.

Do you have quickset installed from dell? Does it recognize it there? Any other issues you may see? Where did you get the battery? I have used non dell batteries on 2 dell laptops one of this model without any problems at all. It almost sounds like you may have a bad battery out of the box.

I wouldnt reccomend gateway laptops just a FYI as you are likely to have more issues with that brand of laptop than others from my previous expirence.

Back
Top Bottom