DeLl DiMeNsIoN 3000

TuneUp Utilities actually accomplishes a couple different things when performance tuning your machine. Most notably, a registry sweep. With TUU, you can not only get rid of unnecessary registry entries, but also defrag the registry. This adds a little performance boost in the machine, but as stated above, a SSD will make the change very noticeable. As for which one to buy.... I can't be too sure but don't go for capacity on SSD's as you really only need the OS/Program Files installed on it. You can then use your existing drive as a data only drive (music, docs, downloads, etc...)

Here's a comfortable 90GB SSD for about $184 before tax+shipping: Newegg.com - OCZ Vertex 2 OCZSSD3-2VTX90G 3.5" 90GB SATA II MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)

K jw bc I had someone tell me some ram was compatible and spent money on it and it was ecc , I needed non ecc so I don't want to waste money and know for a fact this will work...

The cable that connects your harddrive to your motherboard, is it about two inches wide? or very thin?

Not sure I'm out of town but i will check tonight, so we don't know for sure if that ssd is compatible?

Right, I did a quick Google for the specs of your machine and found from an "unofficial" site that it's IDE, so it may not actually be compatible :( But double check once you get home the size of the cable that runs from your motherboard to your harddrive.

K thanks a lot man, I'll get home later tonight and let you know. Is there a web site that I can search for compatible parts on for my computer, I'm not being lazy I've searched but just asking.

Is there a web site that I can search for compatible parts on for my computer

I'm personally not aware of any. When shopping for parts, it's best to look over the specs and connections on your PC and then shop appropriately. For example, Your computer may need a new video card (not saying that yours does, just for the sake of illustration), so where do you start? Well, looking at the specs of your motherboard, you may notice that it's graphics slot is PCI-E 16x. This will tell you what types of video cards you can purchase and use in the machine as that's the interface that they connect to the motherboard with. Likewise, if you find that your board has an AGP interface (not in addition to PCI-E), then you would shop for video cards that are AGP. Typically, Newegg has a great product selection process. On the left, there's is always a way to narrow your search for the appropriate compatible product. Play around on Newegg and look at the different options and you'll see what I mean.

Thanks, yeah I got that part I don't know where to check for this stuff on my comp, so I'm asking if y'all can find them, or just tell me of this is compatible.

Back
Top Bottom