Random Chit Chat

Haha, classic bullshit from foothead. Computers contain one of the best scalers on the market. If the picture looks odd, it's because of you and something you did.

You're loosing pixels. Just like how one looses pixels once they switch from 4:3 to 16:10, and likewise from 16:10 to 16:9. That's a fact and there's no debating the issue.

I'm not even going to argue, because it simply isn't worth it. It seems that all you do on these forums lately is try to provoke arguments or make people look stupid. It's also impossible to have an intelligent conversation because you always seem to resort to name-calling, personal attacks, and automatically rejecting the opinions of others without giving the slightest bit of evidence to back up your claims. Now, meet my friend, the ignore list.

I think I'm just going to go with the Sony Viao from Newegg. I can't find any other computers that's better within it's price range. I kinda want to wait till new years to see if there is a better deal, but I kind of doubt it.

EDIT - So I found another laptop that seems good. The Toshiba L655D-S5116. It's a bit more than the Sony because of taxes. However, it has a turion II (which I believe is better than the Athlon II in performance and battery life). Also has 4GB instead of the 3GB. This is an Best Buy exclusive, and could have gotten it for $350 at black Friday if I tried.

I'm not sure if I want this, as I know 2 people with a Toshiba laptop, and this looks exactly the same as theirs. I guess I should compare the features between the two. By the way, which one will last longer battery wise?

I'd go with the Toshiba. You are correct about the Turion II being better than the Athlon II, and Toshiba seems to be easier to find parts for, should something go wrong in the future.

Guess no eyefinity for me, 850$ in parts is to much unless I get a massive bonus lol

$850? That sounds a little high to me. It'd be more like $600-700 depending on what parts you get.

How much better is the P540 (Turion II in Toshiba) compared to the P340 (Athlon II in Sony)?

16.6% according to passmark scores. Both have the same 25W TDP, but that really doesn't mean much.

Hmm... I really want the Toshiba, but I don't really want one that looks exactly like the two other people I know. That's pretty much the main reason that's preventing me from getting it. I should just check out both of them in stores to see which one is better.

Hmm... I really want the Toshiba, but I don't really want one that looks exactly like the two other people I know. That's pretty much the main reason that's preventing me from getting it. I should just check out both of them in stores to see which one is better.

All you can really tell from using them in store is which one looks nicer/has better build quality. Laptops in stores are usually loaded with crapware (especially sony) and have some sort of program running to keep features disabled.

I wouldn't let someone else having the same laptop prevent me from getting what I want. If it's really holding you back, see if it comes in any other colors. Many do nowadays.

Back
Top Bottom