Ground bracelet, where to buy

vaironl

In Runtime
I want to know where can i buy those anti statics to not shock your computer, and how do you properly use them i heard that it needs to be attached obviously to your wrist and to a properly ground metal what is this? a desk a metal on the floor i just dont get that

You don't need one. They are a bit of a gimmick IMO. Just make sure you touch a metal part of your case before touching any parts and you won't have a problem.

You don't need one. They are a bit of a gimmick IMO. Just make sure you touch a metal part of your case before touching any parts and you won't have a problem.

Yea i was thinking the same thing but wasn't sure and had to be 100% , Thanks

There's a guy that drives around in a truck selling those. It's on the shelf right next to the snake oil...

He is basically saying its a joke. I have worked on computers for years and never once had an issue and never have worn one. If you are on carpet touch something metal first incase of discharge and in most cases is you are on a wooden floor or hard concrete or something you should be fine.

He is basically saying its a joke. I have worked on computers for years and never once had an issue and never have worn one. If you are on carpet touch something metal first incase of discharge and in most cases is you are on a wooden floor or hard concrete or something you should be fine.

ohh Ok, yea i got both carpet and solid floor, so ill do it on the solid but Ill discharge myself just in case. even though i hate static shocks :(

yeah, a joke. Just keep touching the power supply case every so often (provided it's a metal case, there are some out there made of acrylic) and you'll be fine.

You'll be okay as long as you don't go shuffling your feet on the carpet for 5 minutes before you work on your pc. Just touch something metal before you start and you'll be alright. Instead of the bracelets I think an anti-static mat is better to use but like others said, you don't really need one.

I have one, and I don't wear it any more. Paid like $5 for it many years ago when I built my first PC. I was OCD and didn't wanna screw it up. Now my rule is that I never work in pants or shorts that are made of anything that will cause static easily, never wear socks, always discharge on metal, andtry to touch the case (as in, resting one arm on it) while working on the computer.

Back
Top Bottom