Website Review please!

lyth0s

Baseband Member
Hello fellow CF members! I am fairly new to these forums, but not new to computer programming etc. I was wondering if you guys could check out http://elitepcbuilding.com and tell me what you think. Any and all comments/suggestions are very much appreciated!

Hi

I like the look / feel of the site alot and I think you have done a good job. 1 thing that i think needs to be changed are the pictures you put at the bottom of the article, at the moment they have been posted side by side, I recommend putting them one after another. The reason being is that the pics are pushing the webpage off of the screen for users.

Ok thank you JCB I had previously thought about that and It will probably be changed in the next few days here :)

Love the surrounding border images. very nice feal. i would personally centre the ads in the main body of text

I updated the website to a whole new CMS, added a commenting section to each post. Feedback on the new website look and "feel" would be greatly appreciated. Ryan.hopkins, I sent you a PM

your website looks good. If possible, remove the footer links at the bottom of the page. That way your site looks more professional. Have you looked into other Joomla plugins like JomSocial maybe?

Top to bottom, here you go:

Nice logo and search bar placement, very nice actually.

I find it ironic that your site is about assembling computers and yet you have a laptop as your main graphic...? I would personally put a picture of a red Gaming Computer Case there instead to match the color scheme and logo.

The navigation menu and ads on the left are well placed.

The Facebook/Twitter/Whatever else that green thing is, all look good on top.

Now the body should be just that, the body. If you're going to sneak ads into the body, use text wrapping around the image.

As for the bottom, go to any corporate website and see the bottom of their page. Links down there do not make for an unprofessional site, they make the site more like a business. Terms Of Use, Contact Us, About Company, these are some of the standard links you see on any corporate site at the bottom.

Verdict: Your site looks good, just keep adding and updating content!

Thanks for both of your advice. I 100% agree with you about the picture and I will be needing to change that. How do you suggest the text wrapping around the image look? could you show me an example of what you think looks good?

Back
Top Bottom