Random Chit Chat

Please tell me I'm not the only one who's sick and tired of having to underline and bold my links so that they show up in my posts. Goddammit it's ridiculous. That or not being able to tell what a link is (and having to mouse over the text to tell)...can't decide which is worse.

^ I just dont bother.

I just punched a light switch... and it shattered! I'm going to have to visit B&Q tomorrow to buy a new one tomorrow... hopefully without my parents knowing. Bah.

16:10 is the perfect balance between productivity and multimedia. Don't fall into the marketing hype of 16:9 monitors.

Agreed. I picked up a 1920x1080 monitor about a year ago thinking it wouldn't be a big deal, but it's noticeably narrower compared to 16:10.

Are you daft? High definition content will look fine on any average computer monitor set at its native resolution. Buying a monitor with that specific resolution is a waste and limits your options.

Apparently you haven't used PowerDVD for Blu-rays. If the monitor isn't 1080p, the picture gets weird and distorted looking.

You're loosing pixels. It's a way for manufacturers to save costs.

Odd, the way I see it is gaining pixels. The 16:10 options are 1680x1050 or 1920x1200. 1920x1200 tends to be prohibitively expensive in smaller monitors, so the options are usually 1920x1080 or 1680x1050.

Got a link for the sapphire port?

And holy crap did my droid fail at spelling display LOL

Newegg.com - SAPPHIRE Active DisplayPort Adapter 100924 DisplayPort to DVI Interface

Apparently you haven't used PowerDVD for Blu-rays. If the monitor isn't 1080p, the picture gets weird and distorted looking.

Haha, classic bullshit from foothead. Computers contain one of the best scalers on the market. If the picture looks odd, it's because of you and something you did.

Odd, the way I see it is gaining pixels. The 16:10 options are 1680x1050 or 1920x1200. 1920x1200 tends to be prohibitively expensive in smaller monitors, so the options are usually 1920x1080 or 1680x1050.

You're loosing pixels. Just like how one looses pixels once they switch from 4:3 to 16:10, and likewise from 16:10 to 16:9. That's a fact and there's no debating the issue.

I think I'm just going to go with the Sony Viao from Newegg. I can't find any other computers that's better within it's price range. I kinda want to wait till new years to see if there is a better deal, but I kind of doubt it.

EDIT - So I found another laptop that seems good. The Toshiba L655D-S5116. It's a bit more than the Sony because of taxes. However, it has a turion II (which I believe is better than the Athlon II in performance and battery life). Also has 4GB instead of the 3GB. This is an Best Buy exclusive, and could have gotten it for $350 at black Friday if I tried.

I'm not sure if I want this, as I know 2 people with a Toshiba laptop, and this looks exactly the same as theirs. I guess I should compare the features between the two. By the way, which one will last longer battery wise?

Back
Top Bottom