Random Chit Chat

The only games I plan on running on it are like games made in 2005, or games that doesn't require much (like indies games). Seems like most laptops within that price range will have either the 4250, or the Intel HD integrated.

You will probably still have trouble. I could only get Prey to run at 800x600 at minimum settings on my brother's laptop with a 4250, and it still had bad frame dips when in large areas or when there were lots of enemies.

Seems like the only laptop I found that is within my price range that has a better integrated graphics is the Acer Aspire AS5553G-5357.

EDIT - Are there usually sales on laptops on the day after New Years?

Only for the third monitor, and the display port uses an adapter. Which then you connect and DVI or HDMI to it.

so you buy any 3 screens, and a dyspepsia port adapter separate?

I think you should buy the same exact 3 screens. Might be weird having multiple displays with different screen sizes and not being in native resolution. Then get this for the third monitor.

Specs are excellent, but Acer laptops are kind of a crap shoot. They're either very good or very bad.

Yeah, that's whats preventing me from buying it.

I think you should buy the same exact 3 screens. Might be weird having multiple displays with different screen sizes and not being in native resolution. Then get this for the third monitor.

Yeah, definitely get three of the same screen. I've tried lining up different models. It is a pita to get them aligned, and it looks horrible, especially when the bezels are different thicknesses or when the stands are different heights.

Things tend to look better at their native resolutions.

Are you daft? High definition content will look fine on any average computer monitor set at its native resolution. Buying a monitor with that specific resolution is a waste and limits your options.

So what if it was developed for televisions? Gaming tends to be better on a wide screen. General usage is fine on either.

You're loosing pixels. It's a way for manufacturers to save costs. The LCD panel in my iMac looks fantastic, but you can notice the difference with a 16:9 aspect ratio monitor in comparison to a 16:10 display.

16:10 is the perfect balance between productivity and multimedia. Don't fall into the marketing hype of 16:9 monitors.

Back
Top Bottom