Random Chit Chat

I would say about 3-4 hours with just word processing, medium brightness and wifi turned off.

What about Sony? I've always liked the Sony Vaio series I see in stores. Never actually test it out fully though.

I've got a Vaio, Teny. I will never buy any other brand laptop than Sony now that I've had it over a year and a half. It's wonderful. Everything I could have asked for and more. Yes, I paid a little bit more for it over a similar spec'd competition laptop, but I also got the accidental damage protection since it was my first laptop and because I'm at college (can't control the craziness of other people around in the dorms). It was worth it. It's paid for itself, to be honest. I was great for my computer business as well. I'm dead serious. I'll never buy another brand. Sony's got me hooked. Battery life isn't the best as it's a 16.4" screen, but I didn't take my desktop to college, so it needed to be a decent desktop replacement. I did get the bigger battery, so when it was new I got about 3 1/2 hours of battery life on full brightness. Now i get about 2:45-3 hours on it. It's still great. I'm sure it'll plug along for a couple more years. One note, what I did to save dough was get just the cheapest RAM option and I upgraded it myself immediately. I also got the cheapest 7200RPM HDD. That was a 320GB. I just now upgraded to a 640GB as I finally started running out of room. Next time, I'll get the cheapest drive period and upgrade immediately to whatever option I feel necessary. All in all, great purchase. Don't regret it at all. The one thing I miss is a dedicated number pad as part of the keyboard, but I just bought a 10 dollar one to plug in when needed--which isn't as often as I had thought.

I would say about 3-4 hours with just word processing, medium brightness and wifi turned off.

Get a 9 cell battery, and the ASUS would work. That is, if you want a gaming laptop. It'll probably be pretty heavy, not the best for carrying around.

What about Sony? I've always liked the Sony Vaio series I see in stores. Never actually test it out fully though.

Sony laptops are really nice, but they tend to be more expensive than Toshiba or ASUS.

Can someone list me 3 22in or bigger monitors (best bang for the buck) that would look and work good for eyefinity with a 5850 and play BFBC2 or the like?

For future reference for myself

Never really looked at this stuff before, considering a spring build update

Well, my brother has two eMachines E211Hs, and they look excellent. They were $125 each when we bought them last year.

Make sure you get 1080p monitors, as they will look much better with Blu-rays and such.

I'm thinking of going with this SONY VAIO E Series VPCEE31FX/BJ. Thoughts?

I could get a Toshiba with pretty much the same specs, except the Toshiba will be lighter and a smaller screen, for the same price. Except I gotta pay tax for the Toshiba.

Look better? How?

Things tend to look better at their native resolutions.

Please stick with a monitor that has an aspect ratio of 16:10. 16:9 was developed for televisions.

So what if it was developed for televisions? Gaming tends to be better on a wide screen. General usage is fine on either.

I'm thinking of going with this SONY VAIO E Series VPCEE31FX/BJ. Thoughts?

I could get a Toshiba with pretty much the same specs, except the Toshiba will be lighter and a smaller screen, for the same price. Except I gotta pay tax for the Toshiba.

That'll be great for general use, but it will do absolutely no gaming.

The only games I plan on running on it are like games made in 2005, or games that doesn't require much (like indies games). Seems like most laptops within that price range will have either the 4250, or the Intel HD integrated.

Back
Top Bottom