Asus GTX 460 problem

clawbog

Baseband Member
This is the card: Newegg.com - ASUS ENGTX460 DirectCU TOP/2DI/768MD5 GeForce GTX 460 (Fermi) 768MB 192-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card

When I start my computer, my monitor gets no signal. I press and hold the power button till the computer turns off. Then I when the press the power button again, the computer turns on without a problem.
I have to do that ^ every time I start the computer.

I'm not 100% sure its a problem with the card, but I don't have any other clues. Does anyone know anything about this?

I have the latest drivers.

Ew. If that power supply blows up on you, I won't be surprised. $50 territory is just high enough to not suck entirely, but still too low to be taken seriously.

It sounds more like a signaling issue with your current monitor, even now that I know about your power supply. Have you tried the system with another monitor (if possible) to isolate that monitor?

Yea, I found out Raidmax isn't such a good brand after I bought the power supply... That's why I'm getting this in a few days. Newegg.com - SeaSonic S12II 620 Bronze 620W ATX12V V2.3 / EPS 12V V2.91 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC Power Supply

I'll try another monitor when I first boot it up tomorrow, as this only happens if the computer has been off for more than 1-2 hours.

I also don't get a "windows failed to start" message when the computer finally starts.

Same thing happens with other monitors... Any ideas?

I'll have to give it some more thought, this is a tricky one to hunt down. Do you use a power tap, surge protector, or a UPS?

this may be kinda dumb, but i like doing the simple things first..

Did you change monitor wires?

In other words, what do you have plug into the card to go to the monitor?

Its HDMI? DVI? Analog?

Try changing the cords. DVI's can be a little tricky from what I heard. Make sure you have a good connection, it could be a short in the cable itself..

Then if it still does it, try with with another monitor, if that doesn't work.

Check the out to the Card, it could be a short, try giggling the cord.

To me, this sounds like a power problem, and I wouldn't rule out a PSU problem, however it could just be a short in the cable or an out.

Also, do this with the power cable for the monitor.

Back
Top Bottom