Random Chit Chat

What are good laptop brands? I would like to avoid HP and Compaq as they seem to always have an overheating problem for me. My laptop battery only last about 30 minutes, that's only if it decides to not shut down randomly.

I'm planning to use this for school. I would like it for games too, but for the $600 and below, it seems like the best graphics would be the HD 4250.

What are good laptop brands? I would like to avoid HP and Compaq as they seem to always have an overheating problem for me. My laptop battery only last about 30 minutes, that's only if it decides to not shut down randomly.

I'm planning to use this for school. I would like it for games too, but for the $600 and below, it seems like the best graphics would be the HD 4250.
I prefer lenovo,Asus and my samsung has held up pretty good so far

500x_squaretrade_laptop_reliability_1109.pdf__page_6_of_8_.jpg

ASUS and Toshiba are always good choices. Lenovo is good for more expensive laptops, but their lower end models are crap.

BTW, you can get an excellent gaming laptop for a little over $600 if you are okay with refurbished. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834220715&cm_re=asus_g-_-34-220-715-_-Product I've bought ASUS refurbs before, and they always seemed to be of excellent quality. I couldn't tell the difference from new.

Well, the problem with gaming laptops seems to be the battery life. Which I need for school. Seems like most laptops last about 3-4 hours.

Also, how much do you think I can get for my current Compaq? It's the Compaq Presario CQ50-105NR. The battery is pretty much dead by the way.

I recommended Toshiba as always.
HP and Dell I have heard are bad and I had an Acer quit on me.

dell is really nice if you buy one of their better models (xps), they dont care about the customers that spend very little money.

I worked 16 hours today (boxing day), I'm surprised at how many people show up at noon and expect everything to be in stock.

Well, the problem with gaming laptops seems to be the battery life. Which I need for school. Seems like most laptops last about 3-4 hours.

How long do you need it to last? Most gaming laptops seem to have ~3 hour life for basic computing, but it goes way down when actually gaming. You can always buy a second battery for about $50 if it's a problem.

I recommended Toshiba as always.
HP and Dell I have heard are bad and I had an Acer quit on me.

Toshibas are nice. My brother just got one of their lower end ones for Christmas, seems solidly built. And I agree that Dell, HP, and acer are bad. Acer and HP tend to have manufacturing flaws, while Dell just uses crap parts.

I would say about 3-4 hours with just word processing, medium brightness and wifi turned off.

What about Sony? I've always liked the Sony Vaio series I see in stores. Never actually test it out fully though.

Back
Top Bottom