Getting a blue screen on login sometimes

SPuNKYbd

In Runtime
Ive gotten it 3-4 times, and use a system restore to bypass it.

Was wondering if there was a log file of some sort i could upload, and maybe you guys could help me find a solution.

Go into your advanced system settings and then go to Startup and Recovery Settings, uncheck the option for "Automatically Restart" on the System Failure. The next time the system has a BSOD, write down the error (just the top half and the error code at the bottom should be fine). Also, what kind of Antivirus? Can you boot it into safe mode? If so, run a Malware Bytes scan (download & install from Safe Mode if needed, just pick "Safe Mode with Networking" on startup while tapping the F8 key). It wouldn't hurt to grab SUPERAntiSpyware as well.

Seems i was having trouble with some video card drivers. I could reboot into safe mode, so i uninstalled the drivers, then download them on another pc , and installed the new ones, and now its working fine.

Ill be sure to scan it now though, cause something messed it up. It was working fine for quite sometime now.

you might want to run a chkdsk on your system as well, Its possible a file has become corupt

Something else to consider in addition to the chkdsk is to run a disk diagnostic tool like Western Digital's Drive software, or SeaTools from Seagate. My favorite is gwscan from Gateway, which is just a rebranded version of the old Western Digital diagnostic. Hasn't failed me yet - just run a full scan (it'll take a while) and then run the chkdsk as JCB recommends. At least then you can be certain the issue is (or isn't) with the hard drive.

Back
Top Bottom