Finding memory type

JerryB1

Baseband Member
:confused: Where do I look to find the type of memory to upgrade???
I know I can only add 1 GB more on this motherboard...
I forgot where I found it before !!!

Bleh. Why keep posting a link to a tool that will inevitably make a user buy memory from their site? I dislike that approach, especially for a board admin. :p

Unless of course you work for Crucial, JCB, then in which case it's a conflict of interest, but meh.

I find that tool very useful. Its tells you exactly what memory you have installed, how many slots you have and how many are free. I do not work for Crucial, and I am not forcing anyone to buy from there??

I have to agree with JCB on this one I have used this many times.. It will tell you what you want and how many slots free so you can go get it from the local store or online you dont HAVE to buy anything from crucial just because you use their software. Maybe OG works for Piraform and thats why he adversited that link... This is an online forum man no offense but we are all here to help and everyone has their opinon on what programs to use for what. Just becuase he didnt agree with you he helped the user get what they needed which is the point.

Opinions are fine, but if I were a board administrator for this forum, I would distance myself from a given brand when giving advice, especially when said users may not have a choice. Crucial is a fine company, I just feel that there are better ways, without being pressured into buying just that product, when trying to find out about ones computer.

Back
Top Bottom