BF:BC2 Poor FPS Q6700 @ 3Ghz, 5770

thomas49th

In Runtime
BF:BC2 Poor FPS Q6700 @ 3Ghz, ATI RAEDON 1GB 5770

Hi, I run battlefield bad company 2 on 2 computers. My Q6700 @ 3GHz 6gb DDRII, 5770 1GB RAEDON and a Phenom II X4 955 Back Edition (@ stock) 4GB DDRIII ATI 4850 512mb.

On the Q6700 pc I get a low fps probably 20-30 quite often even at very low settings, but the Phenom pc whistles along at good settings. I didn't think there would be such a difference? Should this difference be so great in terms of hardware ... is this more software based?

Thanks
Thomas

the only difference I see between the two, in the ram, DDR2 and DDR3... would that make such a big difference?

and you spelled Radeon wrong..

the only difference I see between the two, in the ram, DDR2 and DDR3... would that make such a big difference?

and you spelled Radeon wrong..

It's unlikey there would be any appreciable difference between the 2 ram types. Hahah I have a habbit of misspelling that word... I always think it's spelt counter-intuitively, not sure why

so maybe, driver conflict, defective part,. you could try swapping the video cards over, see if the problem is still there.

Make sure you have the latest drivers for the nvidia card.

Using a Radeon 5770 ;)

What nVidia card would that be :p

Get good FPSes everywhere else. Hmmm

I wont be back on the system for another 10 days. If I get the time I'll have a tinker around with drivers.

Yea, I'm betting there's a driver issue. One weird thing I've seen with these new cards is if they have an external PCI-e power connection but it isn't plugged in, they run much slower. On the old cards they wouldn't even turn on, but I've seen a handful that will at least run, just slow. Not very familiar with the 5770, maybe something to check?

Other than that check all your updates and drivers, pay special attention to your chipset. Obviously data isn't getting where it needs to quick enough, chipset could be at fault. Have you checked on any of the EA forums to see if anybody else has this issue? May be worth a look.

I have a Q9550 and 5770, I run my monitor at 1920x1080. Medium settings and I'm always above 60 FPS. I'd follow what Bullzi said.

Back
Top Bottom