Building New Desktop

Not bad, just a few things...

You can't use the AMD Phenom II 1090T BE with the ASUS P6X58D Premium motherboard. So you need to consider either a motherboard for the AMD Phenom II 1090T BE, something with an 890FX or 890GX chipset, or an Intel i7 CPU for the ASUS P6X58D Premium motherboard.

Also consider the GTX 460, at least, for a graphics card.

It's gonna depend on your budget and whether you want an Intel or AMD platform. The PSU is great and the motherboard you linked, if you go with an Intel, is brilliant but then it's best to go with tri-channel RAM package not the one you listed.

If you want the brilliant ASUS P6X58D Premium motherboard then go with the i7 930 or i7 950 CPU with 3 X 2GB Corsair RAM.

Or go with a GIGABYTE GA-890FXA-UD5 motherboard with the AMD Phenom II 1090T BE.

Overall, my budget for a complete desktop is around $2,000 USD.

Hmmm... would you be able to edit my post for the best parts? What you say is almost Chinese to me. I don't mind replacing any of the parts because they're not from preference, but rather based off of feedback of buyers.

but rather based off of feedback of buyers.

I don't have time to post links now, but I can tell you that's a terrible idea. As Charles Barkley says "T-R-B-L terrible."

Later tonight I may have some time so pop by and offer some advice. If you want, you can look a few threads down and click on mine "Gaming Rig for Friend" and check it out. It's very similar to what you are wanting, but with your budget, you can probably grab a better MB and that hexcore PII.

Motherboard - ASUS P6X58D-E
CPU - Intel Core i7-950
RAM - CORSAIR DOMINATOR 6GB (3 x 2GB) DDR3 1600
PSU - CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX
OS Drive - Western Digital Caviar Blue 250GB
Storage - SAMSUNG Spinpoint F3 1TB
GPU - ZOTAC AMP! ZT-40202-10P GeForce GTX 470
Optical Drive - ASUS Black 24X DVD+R
Case - SILVERSTONE RAVEN RV02-BW

$1300

Chop and change to taste but this would make a great gamers rig and will leave you with cash for two nice monitors, keyboard and mouse.
Hmmm... is there any way I'd be able to stick with the original computer case? Also, if I order these parts, do I need specific wires to come with it? And one more thing, if I do a dual-monitor setup, do I need any additional parts and where's a good place to get monitors?

Hmmm... is there any way I'd be able to stick with the original computer case? Also, if I order these parts, do I need specific wires to come with it? And one more thing, if I do a dual-monitor setup, do I need any additional parts and where's a good place to get monitors?

You can stick with the original case if you like, I just popped that in, after all it's your machine and its a nice case. If you order these parts then everything will be there. All you will need is the OS CD. And with the monitors you just plug them into the graphics card and away you go.

:)

If you have the money for a couple new monitors I recommend a site called ebuyer.com
You can pick up a 24inch monitor for £170 in Dollars i think that is roughly $260 - link for this monitor - Samsung SyncMaster P2450H | Ebuyer.com
Or if you didn't want to spend as much as that you could go for a 22inch at roughly £100, about $170? not sure about my currencys lately - BenQ G2220HD 22" TFT Monitor | Ebuyer.com
EDIT: So one of each of these would be ok since you the Samsung supports HDMI and the BenQ Dvi would work well to your GFX card sockets
and ebuyer is also good for a-lot of over products!
Good luck with your desktop!

Back
Top Bottom