Whats eating my storage space!

I have disabled system restore, done a virus scan and set the page file to ONLY the D hard drive, and set no page file to my ssd (C drive), it dont matter anyway, i was just curious

Hi, ive noticed that my storage space is gradually going down, even though i am doing nothing, if i look at the properties of my C drive, and then look again 30 seconds after, its gauranteed that a few hundred bytes will have been used up, its doing it constantly. So eventually this will mount up,

Whats causing this????

the thing what worries me is that i have an ssd, which ive read become unstable after about 10,000 writes :(

Alreet,

Ya mention that ya using SSD, what OS are you running? If its windows 7 then this should detect the SSD and change settings accordingly, i run SSDs myself and they are awesome. Also, just wondering what mobo your using as i found that certain chipsets dont handle SSDs aswell, i used to use a ICH9 controller on the mobo and it couldnt deal with TRIM commands where as ICH10 handles them fine :)

If ya using XP or vista then there are plenty of guides for SSD, just search something like "optimal settings for SSD" and you should get plenty info :)

Back
Top Bottom