Good PC but LAGGING

Brutal Ninja

Solid State Member
Hi there
I was wondering if someone could help me with my pc?
I just reinstalled windows 7 ultimate 64-bit and when I am trying to play games I get like 10-20 frames and I cant play.
The games what I play:
COD 4, BO, MW2
well all of the games that I have are lagging.
normally I would get 80-120 fps.

My pc was fine and now this.
All the latest drivers for my gpu is installed.

PLEASE IF SOMEONE CAN HELP!!!;)

My specs
Motherboard: Intel DG31PR
CPU: INTEL CORE 2 QUAD Q 8300 @ 2.5 GHZ
GPU: ATI RADEON HD 5670 1GB
3 GB DDR2 800MHZ RAM
1TB HDD
AEROCOOL 78-530 WATT PSU

Re: SLOW gaming rig

Good PC but LAGGING

Hi there
I was wondering if someone could help me with my pc?
I just reinstalled windows 7 ultimate 64-bit and when I am trying to play games I get like 10-20 frames and I cant play.
The games what I play:
COD 4, BO, MW2
well all of the games that I have are lagging.
normally I would get 80-120 fps.

My pc was fine and now this.
All the latest drivers for my gpu is installed.

PLEASE IF SOMEONE CAN HELP!!!;)

My specs
Motherboard: Intel DG31PR
CPU: INTEL CORE 2 QUAD Q 8300 @ 2.5 GHZ
GPU: ATI RADEON HD 5670 1GB
3 GB DDR2 800MHZ RAM
1TB HDD
AEROCOOL 78-530 WATT PSU
Turn down your settings. You weren't getting 80fps in MW2 with that card unless you have the settings turned down.

Turn down your settings. You weren't getting 80fps in MW2 with that card unless you have the settings turned down.
It is O.C. but that is not my problem even if I turn the setting to its lowest I still only get 10-20 fps

It is O.C. but that is not my problem even if I turn the setting to its lowest I still only get 10-20 fps

It's still the same card though.
Anyhow, have you tried rolling back your drivers? What are the temps of the card and the processor under load?

These are indeed good specs. What I'd check would be if it's overheating. Also, pop up your task manager, and see if a progrm is stuck or anything mysterious would suck all your CPU usage.

try running your game in xp compatibility mode. In the settings of compatibility , tick the 3 disable option and try running the game.

GPU sounds good, although I seriously doubt those temps are under full load. Sounds like your processor is awfully toasty though, it really shouldn't be in the 70's. If you're processor is OC'd, return it to stock settings, also clean out the heatsink. If that doesn't help at all, try re-seating the heatsink, and possibly replacing it.

Back
Top Bottom