Processor Debate help!

LMAO. Well, it is only a $.99 difference, and you are already spending $99....so I vote the 940.
$.99 buys you .1GHz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (and slightly higher voltages)

EDIT: Yes, I meant 640, oops

640, it has C3 stepping, rather than C2 which the 635 has, meaning better power efficiency, and much, much better overclockability.

You can tell which AMD processors have C3 and which have C2 stepping by the product code. Those ending in IBOX have C2, those ending in MBOX have the much better C3 stepping

99c extra for .1GHz extra would be pointless, but if it was $10 more for C3 over C2 (if you plan to OC) it would be worth it

640, it has C3 stepping, rather than C2 which the 635 has, meaning better power efficiency, and much, much better overclockability.

You can tell which AMD processors have C3 and which have C2 stepping by the product code. Those ending in IBOX have C2, those ending in MBOX have the much better C3 stepping

99c extra for .1GHz extra would be pointless, but if it was $10 more for C2 over C3 (if you plan to OC) it would be worth it

I Don't really know what is C2 or C3 or OC
But if you would help me to find it i would love it!

I Don't really know what is C2 or C3 or OC
But if you would help me to find it i would love it!

The C2 and C3 are different revisions of the same architecture, basically if there was a heat issue with the first version of a processor and AMD did a minor change to fix it later then it would then be a newer revision. I'd definitely go for the C3 processor.

OC means overclock. You basically get extra performance out of your computer for free. You need to know what you're doing though and you need a non-stock heatsink.

Get the 640 processor. Is this processor going into the PC in your signature? Did you build your computer or is it from dell, HP, Acer or some other company?

Back
Top Bottom