need urgent help :(

mo12345

Solid State Member
this is the basic jist of my problem my computer stopped functioning properly a few weeks ago because of some sort of error i ignored it and carried on later my computer's desktop and taskbar disappeared i ran through many solutions i saw on the internet but all failed i once again carried on using my computer starting internet explorer and various other applications with task managers (new task...) then one day my internet all of a sudden stopped working a problem with the router / modem i restarted my computer and the problem started it used to get to the windows boot screen and then the blue screen pops up for a split second and the computer restarts all over again

things you should know:

DVD drive broken cant use it to re-install windows

i cant start the computer in safe mode

i have ran various virus scans before this happened and cleared all known threats

Do you remember the error that you were getting and do you see what blue screen error pops up?

Try to boot it once more and confirm that you're getting the IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL bsod.

its an endless cycle that this happens i start the computer then just before the user log-on screen pops up the blue screen appears and the the computer restarts

EDIT: could it be faulty ram/hardrive ?

So a couple things, the BSOD could be caused by overheating. I would boot the computer up and go into the Bios to check the system temperatures and see what they're listed as. It may be bad RAM. Take out a stick and leave one in the first slot to see if that fixes the problem. This could also be a problem with the registry... which you would need access to Safe Mode or an Ubuntu Live CD to fix.
If the temperatures are not too high (It's not overheating) and the RAM removal doesn't solve it, then you can assume it's a registry issue. You can get a CD Rom for cheap:
Newegg.com - DVD-R Burner, DVD Burner, CD Burner, CD/DVD Burners, CD-R/CDRW Burner, DVD-R/DVD-RW Burners

Once you get a CD/DVD Rom, you can boot the Windows XP Cd and go to the recovery console. Once you get to the command prompt, type:

expand d:\i386\hal.dl_ c:\windows\system32

This will replace the hal.dll file and should solve the issue. Try the above and post back with results.

ok thanks ill let u know how i get along dont think it will be anything soon though...

Actually, since you mentioned the internet problems, I would go into the BIOS and disable to onboard LAN adapter and see if that resolves the issue as well as this could also be a bad drivers.

Back
Top Bottom