Random Chit Chat

In a non RAID array multiple HDD's has no effect on a computers overall performance.

Actually, wouldn't running the O/S on it's own drive speed things up if you have other data on a separate drive? I'd think you'd see a bit of a difference since the O/S drive can seek independently of the data drive...I'd assume the difference is minuscule, but still a bit of a difference.

Actually, wouldn't running the O/S on it's own drive speed things up if you have other data on a separate drive? I'd think you'd see a bit of a difference since the O/S drive can seek independently of the data drive...I'd assume the difference is minuscule, but still a bit of a difference.

It's a pretty big difference in W7. When I first installed 7 on my HTPC, games were all but unplayable because it was constantly seeking things. When I threw in an old 160GB and installed the OS to it, it got tons better.

As mentioned, it depends on the circumstance. If you do a lot of Virtualization, then it's a good idea to keep the VM's hard disk file on a separate physical disk to the host computer, otherwise, performance can get a bit sluggish.

So, long story short, parents were supposed to send their kids a present at my private college (it was a surprise before Christmas break)....well, everyone's parents sent them food and/or embarrassing crap. One of my things was a mystery hot wheels car. Opened, put it back away because it was a stupid VW New Beetle Cup. Took it out again today to find a place to throw it and realized that the whole interior is backwards! COMPLETELY. Cross bar of the roll cage is in the front window, seats are facing the back and the dash is in the rear window. I lol'd, then wondered if it was worth anything....

So, long story short, parents were supposed to send their kids a present at my private college (it was a surprise before Christmas break)....well, everyone's parents sent them food and/or embarrassing crap. One of my things was a mystery hot wheels car. Opened, put it back away because it was a stupid VW New Beetle Cup. Took it out again today to find a place to throw it and realized that the whole interior is backwards! COMPLETELY. Cross bar of the roll cage is in the front window, seats are facing the back and the dash is in the rear window. I lol'd, then wondered if it was worth anything....

I'd send a letter to hot wheels complaining and then get a ton more cars out of it ;p

It's not me that's sourced all of the data - It's a company called "The Echo Nest".

It can find similar artists based on articles/reviews written about what you initally searched for. So if you searched for "Iron Maiden", then it can be assumed that if an article mentions both "Iron Maiden" and "Another band", then "Another Band" is similar/related to "Iron maiden", so "another band" is listed as being similar to "Iron Maiden".

Honestly, It's mostly The Echo Nest that has done all of the hard work. They must have scoured through terabytes of information!

Back
Top Bottom