Random Chit Chat

LOL, it's not like that. It's one of those things where you may not touch it for months, then all of a sudden, at the most inconvenient time, it fails. Get into modding if you want something to do. That way, you can do everything at your own pace, and you end up with something really unique when you're done.

Same here. I put it back in occasionally, but it really isn't worth it for an extra 400 MHz on the CPU when I'm GPU bottlenecked.

what happened to your stacks of graphic cards?

I don't know what Footheads done with the graphic cards but he ain't got rid of them. He's Folding like a freaking Origami Professional that's been at it for the last 100 years! He's just over took me on the F@H stats with a REALLY low work score!!!

EDIT:

Oh yea! A dying 50" plasma TV is on the dining table that has become the operating theatre... I love all this! :D

I still have them, but things tend to get GPU bottlenecked at 5760x1200 resolution.

I don't know what Footheads done with the graphic cards but he ain't got rid of them. He's Folding like a freaking Origami Professional that's been at it for the last 100 years! He's just over took me on the F@H stats with a REALLY low work score!!!

LOL. All I'm folding with is a P4 and the Q9000 in my laptop. GPU folding makes the power bill go way up because it produces so much heat. I've been thinking of running it on one GPU in my HTPC though.

Well, after working this week with Adobe Premiere cutting a 4 minute slide show for child abuse prevention, it's clear that my E8400 and 6GB of DDR2 isn't cutting it anymore...in addition to my measly 3870. Bahhhhhhh. I may need to upgrade soon. My wallet will not be happy. I'll probably do the same thing that I did last time: give my parents most of my own rig and sell theirs. Their current one is a C2D E6420 with 4GB of RAM and a..haha...x1950xt graphics card. Hey! It works for movie watching!

Well, after working this week with Adobe Premiere cutting a 4 minute slide show for child abuse prevention, it's clear that my E8400 and 6GB of DDR2 isn't cutting it anymore...in addition to my measly 3870. Bahhhhhhh. I may need to upgrade soon. My wallet will not be happy. I'll probably do the same thing that I did last time: give my parents most of my own rig and sell theirs. Their current one is a C2D E6420 with 4GB of RAM and a..haha...x1950xt graphics card. Hey! It works for movie watching!

If you're using adobe programs, you need to go i7. They will still be sluggish as hell though. My aunt's dual nehalem (16 threads!) mac pro took a good 8 hours to successfully render one panorama. That's including the two times that it crashed, but the final run still took about 4 hours.

My photobucket account has exceeded the 10GB bandwidth allowance. FFFFUUUU!!!!!

Make a new one.

It'll take me a few hours to upload all the pictures again, then even longer to go change links in my threads. I'll just wait another day for it to come back up.

Doesn't that bandwidth get reset every month?

It does.

You could always just get some free web hosting and set up coppermine (PHP Picture gallery).

Meh. I use photobucket because it's convenient and I can upload pics straight from my phone.

If you're using adobe programs, you need to go i7. They will still be sluggish as hell though. My aunt's dual nehalem (16 threads!) mac pro took a good 8 hours to successfully render one panorama. That's including the two times that it crashed, but the final run still took about 4 hours.

My photobucket account has exceeded the 10GB bandwidth allowance. FFFFUUUU!!!!!

I don't know if I've got the money to do that right now. Plus, wouldn't a six-core AMD do better than a quad core i7 anyways? I haven't been keeping up on new processors..

As a side note, I need to pick up a new monitor. Which should I go with: This for $170 or this one for $155. I probably will not send the rebates in...not sure. So don't let that factor into your opinion.

I don't know if I've got the money to do that right now. Plus, wouldn't a six-core AMD do better than a quad core i7 anyways? I haven't been keeping up on new processors..

Actually, no. Adobe programs seem to love core i7s.

As a side note, I need to pick up a new monitor. Which should I go with: This for $170 or this one for $155. I probably will not send the rebates in...not sure. So don't let that factor into your opinion.

Go with the first one. LED backlit monitors are much easier on the eyes. It also has a better response time in case you will be gaming.

Has anyone here had experience with these? I'm considering buying a few of them to throw in my parts box. If they're anything like the ones I'm using right now, they'll have tons of uses.

EDIT: Dammit. It /just/ went out of stock. nevermind then.

Back
Top Bottom