3 monitors ATI RAEDON 1GB 5770 (not for games)

The adapter you currently use should work, stuck on the end of the other adapter. It converts the signal from DVI (DIGITAL Video Interface) to VGA, which is an analogue signal

The adapter you currently use should work, stuck on the end of the other adapter. It converts the signal from DVI (DIGITAL Video Interface) to VGA, which is an analogue signal

It's just that @GibsonSGKing got me thinking that I could have these scenerio:

1. Current adapter is passive and just reroutes signals, so the graphics card is aware that I have analouge monitors (I can see this in windows) and thus adapts the output signal to a digital one
2. Current adapter is "active" and converts signals from graphics cards to analouge for my monitors.

But if the first scenario (1.) is happens then using a DP to DVI with a analouge adapter on the end will result in a digital signal being presented to my monitor
UNLESS the active DP tells the graphics card that my monitor is analouge and the gfxcard adapts apropiately.

Can you see what I mean?

the active DP adapter might not tell the system

All it does is change DVI-A (DVI analog) to VGA. There is no active conversion going on. The sapphire DVI adapter is most likely DVI-D, not DVI-I, so I doubt it'll work. Go with the sapphire DP-VGA adapter. It'll work for sure.

Well, I have three 28 inch Hanns G/I INC monitors, and they are amazing. I can have four windows open on a single screen and not feel cramped. Tigerdirect likes to run them for $250, but idk what they will cost in the UK. Also look at ASUS monitors. Their 25-26 inch models tend to go on sale a lot.

Back
Top Bottom