Sims 3

blurg

Beta member
Hey, I'm thinking of buying my sister a laptop for christmas since she keeps using my computer and it is getting annoying. I want it to be able to run the sims 3 however.

CPU: Intel P6100 2.0GHz CPU
RAM: 2GB DDR3
HDD: 500GB SATA
Graphic: Intel GMA 4500
Screen: 15.6” (1366x768)
WXGA Led Glossy
* 1yr Warranty * DVD Burner

Will it be able to run it?

Thanks!

I did some research and found these to be the specs for sims 3

CPU: (XP) 2.0 GHz P4 processor or equivalent; (Vista) 2.4 GHz P4 processor or equivalent [If built-in graphics chipsets then 2.6 GHz Pentium D CPU, or 1.8 GHz Core 2 Duo, or equivalent.]
CPU Speed.2GHz
System RAMXP)1GB RAM,(vista) 1.5GB(if built in graphics add 0.5 additional RAM)
Operating System:Windows XP (Service Pack 2) or Windows Vista (Service Pack 1)
Video Card Minimum: 128 MB Video Card, with support for Pixel Shader 2.0 (NVIDIA GeForce FX 5900 or above / ATI Radeon 9500 or above / Intel GMA 3-series or above
Video Card Features - Minimum attributes of your Video Card Video RAM: Required - 128 MB , )
Video Card 3D Acceleration: Required - Yes
Pixel Shader Ver.: Required - 2.0
Free Disk Space
Minimum: 6.1 GB of hard drive space with at least 1 GB of additional space for custom content and saved games

Ignore the windows xp because I checked the windows 7 compatibility http://www.microsoft.com/windows/co.../Search.aspx?type=Software&s=sims 3&os=64-bit.
and you can run sims 3 on windows 7 32 bit..not sure bout 64 bit

Your cpu and ram fit the spec but I don't know what ram your graphics card is.

oh and to give you an idea..I had the sims 3 on my old cpu hyper threading single core 3.0ghz, 1gb ram and 256mb graphics and it took a while to load and was a bit laggy. and when I put more ram in it worked fine

It will run it most likely, but not well at all. Those intel graphics are notoriously bad. I suggest looking for one with low end ATI or nvidia graphics.

It will run it, but it wont be very playable. Especially when you build a huge mansion with multiple sims on it.

and you can run sims 3 on windows 7 32 bit..not sure bout 64 bit

Win 7 64 bit + Sims 3 does work :)

I would agree completely that the graphics will let you down though, the rest would hold up fine except for that

Win 7 64 bit + Sims 3 does work :)

I would agree completely that the graphics will let you down though, the rest would hold up fine except for that

What he said. Even my GTS250 stuttered a little bit with that game (granted I had maxed out graphics, but still. I think a 9800GTX+ should be more than capable for Sims :p)
I know for a fact that it runs on Win7 64 bit though.

Back
Top Bottom