3 monitors ATI RAEDON 1GB 5770 (not for games)

thomas49th

In Runtime
3 monitors ATI RAEDON 1GB 5770 (not for games) & Display port monitor recommendation

This is my card

ATI Radeon HD 5770 and 5750 CrossFire Video Cards - The ATI Radeon HD 5770 - Legit Reviews

I've read about it being able to support 3 monitors. Currently I have 2 Dell E173fps, which are like but for coding large programs, espicially with GUI design are too closterfobic. I intend, in the january sales to get a large WIDESCREEN monitor, ideally 24" (though 22 would probably be ok).

Can my graphics card allow me to do this? I've read alot of posts about "eye inifinity". Some metion resolutions, expensive adapters (the whole passive, non-passive thing) for non display port monitors. Can anybody tell me if I can have 2 17" monitors @ 1280x1024 resolution and a big 24" monitor (with display port interface) @ some higher resolution?

If so can anybody recommend me a good monitor?

Thanks

ATI Radeon

here I see it mention "independ resolutions"

sorry? You say I NEED an adapter? Can't I just buy a display port monitor and run my currrent monitors off the other ports on the gfx card

P.S I'm BRITISH (everybody cheers) so cannot use newegg :( I'm a student living in London. Under 200 squidlings would be cool.

You don't NEED the adapter, just if you get a monitor that is DVI or HDMI. You can get one with display port, but you will have a heck of a lot more choice if you got one without, because the vast majority of monitors use either of the other 2 connectors.

With Display port:

Scan.co.uk: Dell Ultrasharp U2311H Widescreen LCD, 1920x1080, IPS panel, DVI, HDCP, Displayport, U2311H

Without (adapter would be needed)

Scan.co.uk: LG 23" LCD Monitor - W2361V-PF

Scan.co.uk: Samsung 24" LCD Monitor - LS24PUHKF/EN

No. You will need to get a displayport -> vga adapter for that, that one you linked will not transmit analog signals.

but I currently use an adapter on the back of graphics cards to to convert from a DVI to VGA. If I use that adapter combined with the active DP adapter will it not work? Unless ofcourse the adapter I currently have is a "passive" one, and the graphic card detects it's a vga (because I can see it has detected it as analoge in windows) and changes the output as required. I suppose if that is the case when using the DP adapter the graphics card has no knowledge of the monitor, only the DP adapter (which would act as the monitor).
Is that correct?
What would be a good DP to VGA adapter OR should I go with the saphire one?
How much of the picture quality is spoilt using the adapter?

Thanks
Thomas

Back
Top Bottom