Random Chit Chat

I don't think swype is all that bad, but I hate the way the droidX is shaped. The larger part just looks prone to being broken off.

I'm getting so sick of Windows. I'm trying to setup media center on our old dell, but it keeps freezing when it goes to download the guide. I googled the issue a bit and it seems that .NET framework is causing it. So basically my options are to go without media center or go without all the programs that require .NET.

Is it just me, or is it kinda pathetic when the same software company releases two programs that crash each other?

hmm.. Is just the version of the .NET framework? Seems to me you could try to slipstream a different version, burn it to another disk and install. Surely there was a patch for it?

Looks like I might have to buy a new CPU for my HTPC. A P4 2.66Ghz doesn't seem like it is working. Some of the 720p videos work with the help of my 8800GT, however, it doesn't seem like it's enough.

It depends on the bitrate. Some videos with the higher bitrate will lag and stutter, while the lower bitrates will play just fine.

I don't want to put anymore money into the computer. I decided to recover my P4 with 768MB of DDR RAM with a motherboard from emachines. Then I threw in my 8800GT, and before I could do that, I recently spent $30 on a Cooler Master PSU.

For those that didn't know, it was because of this emachines computer that I joined this forum.
My first post.

hmm.. Is just the version of the .NET framework? Seems to me you could try to slipstream a different version, burn it to another disk and install. Surely there was a patch for it?

It's version 4 that does it. Tons of people have reported to Microsoft that there is an issue, but they have so far ignored it. I don't even bother to email their tech support because the responses typically consist of "too bad, so sad, give us moar money."

It depends on the bitrate. Some videos with the higher bitrate will lag and stutter, while the lower bitrates will play just fine.

I don't want to put anymore money into the computer. I decided to recover my P4 with 768MB of DDR RAM with a motherboard from emachines. Then I threw in my 8800GT, and before I could do that, I recently spent $30 on a Cooler Master PSU.

For those that didn't know, it was because of this emachines computer that I joined this forum.
My first post.

You should check craigslist. I've seen Pentium D systems go for like $25 before.

Back
Top Bottom