XP problem????

YO guys! Come on there's a simple way to get this rig cleaned up. Check this >>>
Ccleaner > Run over and over till it finds nothing. Enable all functions except wipe file space. Takes too long. Trust me on this.
Download CCleaner 3.01.1327 - FileHippo.com

Spybot S&D
Download Spybot Search & Destroy 1.6.2 - FileHippo.com

Malware Bytes
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware - Reviews and free Malwarebytes Anti-Malware downloads at Download.com

Find junk files > Leave at default settings.Make sure to uncheck test mode.
|MG| Find Junk Files 1.31 Download

ComboFix Do NOT run this unless one of us tells you to.
http://download.bleepingcomputer.com/sUBs/ComboFix.exe

Auslogics Defrag> Two settings > 1. defrag 2. defrag and optimize. Defrag first. Optimize later.
Download Auslogics Disk Defrag for free

Now here's the trick the kids here aren't telling you about.
Down load these files to a thumb drive on your computer. Take it off your computer and put it on the computer you're working on.
Install them from your thumb drive. Update Spybot and MalwareBytes. (If you can get online from his rig)
Go the the drive manager and disable the restore points. This will delete them but if you have any bugs hiding out that's where you'll find them. Small price to pay.
Next reboot the system and come up in safe mode. Run all the scans and defrag from there.
Like I said do NOT run Combofix unless one of the big guns here tells you to. Once in a blue moon it does more harm than good. But to be honest, I take the risk. But then I have the OS disks just in case. In your case, you don't.

YO guys! Come on there's a simple way to get this rig cleaned up. Check this >>>
Ccleaner > Run over and over till it finds nothing. Enable all functions except wipe file space. Takes too long. Trust me on this.
Download CCleaner 3.01.1327 - FileHippo.com

Spybot S&D
Download Spybot Search & Destroy 1.6.2 - FileHippo.com

Malware Bytes
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware - Reviews and free Malwarebytes Anti-Malware downloads at Download.com

Find junk files > Leave at default settings.Make sure to uncheck test mode.
|MG| Find Junk Files 1.31 Download

ComboFix Do NOT run this unless one of us tells you to.
http://download.bleepingcomputer.com/sUBs/ComboFix.exe

Auslogics Defrag> Two settings > 1. defrag 2. defrag and optimize. Defrag first. Optimize later.
Download Auslogics Disk Defrag for free

Now here's the trick the kids here aren't telling you about.
Down load these files to a thumb drive on your computer. Take it off your computer and put it on the computer you're working on.
Install them from your thumb drive. Update Spybot and MalwareBytes. (If you can get online from his rig)
Go the the drive manager and disable the restore points. This will delete them but if you have any bugs hiding out that's where you'll find them. Small price to pay.
Next reboot the system and come up in safe mode. Run all the scans and defrag from there.
Like I said do NOT run Combofix unless one of the big guns here tells you to. Once in a blue moon it does more harm than good. But to be honest, I take the risk. But then I have the OS disks just in case. In your case, you don't.

Thank you very much. I put CCleaner and Glary Utilities on thumb drive and am installing them now on his computer.

How did the cleanup go? Did you run malwarebytes? Can you run HiJack this and Malywarebytes and post a log for us to review if its still not working right?

His machine is very messed up. But I do have it running better.
This person is my roommate and somewhat eccentric.
He knows he needs a new computer.
He doesn't seem to appreciate my help so I'm done with it.

Ever try this forum for help with Windows 7 problems ?
Windows 7 Forums

Back
Top Bottom