G41t-AM mother board processor

Charon

Beta member
Hey every one i am new here and i would like a bit of help i went out to build my new rig so i brought a standard acer emachines ET1850 and so far upgrading has been easy i have installed a Zotac Nvidia Geforce 9800gt (1GB) i have installed a second harddrive (1TB) a cooler master cpu cooling system but now i am up to getting a new CPU(Processor) but the motherboard that came with it is a G41t-am Rev:1.0 and i brought a Intel Pentium D 3.2ghz Dualcore but when i installed it the system boots but my monitor dose not im not 100% sure but i think my MB is a 775 socket would any one be able to help me out.

Thanx,
Charon

Are you getting any unusual POST codes? Are you sure everything is plugged in right? I assume you unplugged things when installing the CPU, so go back and check all the PSU cables, especially the one to the video card. Also, try switching DVI ports on your video card. That does the trick sometimes.

If that doesn't work, put the old CPU back in and flash to the newer BIOS.

hey mate when i change the CPU i olny unplug the cable that goes from the wall to the Power supply and when i put the new one the tower runs but nothing at all happens with the monitor and i dont know how to flash the BIOS or what it means lol i dont normally put new compents in i replace existing ones lol so if you could show me where to find out about flashing the bios or explain it that would help.

Cheers,
Charon

Back
Top Bottom